Every once in a while you come across something "life-changing". This website: Skinnymom.com has CHANGED our world!! No-- we aren't moms yet-- but these recipes are fantastic. I wanted to do a little re-cap of the recipes we have had this week. Yummy!
Monday's Meal: Skinny 3-Cheese Baked Ziti
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp from the jar)
- 1 -23.25 oz jar no-sugar-added pasta sauce
- 1 -12 oz package penne pasta
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups low-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, diced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, diced (or 1 tsp dried)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook penne according to the package instructions for al dente, about 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Turn down heat to medium-low. Add the entire jar of pasta sauce to the onion and garlic, stir.
- Drain pasta and add to pasta sauce.
- In a medium size bowl combine cottage cheese, ricotta, 1.5 cups of mozzarella and herbs.
- In a 9x13 pan, add 1/2 pasta mixture. Then spread all of the cheese mixture evenly on top. Next, layer the remaining pasta. Sprinkle the top with the rest of the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Tuesday's Meal: Skinny Chicken Fried Rice
- • 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- • 1 cup onion, chopped
- • 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 2 eggs
- • ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces
- • 4 cups brown rice, prepared (or 2 bags brown minute rice, prepared)
- • ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots and "fry" until the veggies are tender (onions will be close to clear).
- Crack eggs into skillet and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables.
- Add rice, chicken and soy sauce to skillet. Mix really well.
Wednesday's Meal: Skinny Avocado Veggie Enchiladas
- 2 avocados
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 - 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 - 10 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 - 8" La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious™ Low Carb, High Fiber Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine corn, black beans, red onion, chili powder, cilantro and lime juice.
- Stir to mix ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, add diced green chilies and both cans of enchilada sauce. Stir over low heat and heat to a boil.
- Using a casserole dish or large glass baking dish, transfer 3/4 cup of sauce to the bottom of the dish (just enough to cover the bottom of the dish).
- Taking 1 tortilla at a time, spread a small amount of avocado in the center of the tortilla.
- Next, spoon 1 1/2 Tbsp of black bean and corn mixture onto avocado.
- Roll tortilla and place in casserole dish seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining 7 tortillas.
- Generously cover the tortillas with sauce.
- Sprinkle reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend on top.
- Bake enchiladas for 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted and is bubbly.
Thursday's Meal: Skinny BBQ Flat-Bread Pizza
- • 4 Flatout® Soft Whole WHeat Flatbreads
- • 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- • 1 ¼ cup reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- • 1 ¼ cup reduced-sugar BBQ sauce
- • 2 ½ cups black bean + corn salsa (to make, see ingredients below)
- Black Bean + Corn Salsa:
- 1 can sweet corn, rinsed + drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed + drained
- ¼ onion, diced
- Lay flatbreads on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove flatbread from oven and top with cheese then salsa then chicken.
- Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top.
- Return topped flatbread to the oven for 10 minutes.
- For the black bean corn salsa, combine corn, beans and onion.
- Divide into 1 cup portions and freeze in baggies for future use.
Friday's Meal- Date Night! HEY!! Every girl deserves a "Date Night"- if you are single- heck "GIRL'S NIGHT!"
That's all we have for now. We sure do love you all!
Sideline Sass Boutique