Rain, Rain, Go Away!
Houston has it's share of rainy days and we are tired of feeling bored. So we wanted to break down some tips on what to do on the days when you can't go outside!
1. Bubble Bath-
Bust out the epsom salt or your favorite bubble bath and spend some R&R. How often do you take the time to just take a break. Read, think, or just be still.
2. Meal Plan-
If you are like us you are always on the go. It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day activities and forget to eat healthy. Let's be honest it is easier to grab something to-go then to cook. So sit down and use your planner or google calendar and break down what you are going to eat!
3. Pamper Yourself-
Deep condition your hair (who has time to do this on a normal day. Here is a all natural at home remedy to try: Mix 1 c of Real Mayo and 2 Large eggs, then apply to your hair, let stand for about 30min-1hr.
Give yourself a facial: Here is our favorite facial at-home remedy:
- Honey ( Not store-bought but bee raw unfiltered honey)
- Brown Sugar
- Small cup or container
- 1.Pour a bit of raw honey in a small container.
- 2.pour a tad bit of brown sugar
- 3.Apply on face and scrub gently
- 4.Leave for 15 minutes
- 5.shower or wash face to remove completely
4. Camp In the Great Indoors- Remember when you were 8 years old and you made homemade forts? Now is your time to channel your inner child and create a fort. Grab sheets, stools, and tables. Lay down with your bestie or boyfriend and enjoy some movies.
5. Sleep- When in doubt get into your pjs and take a nap. It is so important to take a break and catch some ZzZ's. The National Sleep Foundation has this chart on their website that details how many hours we should be getting every night.